Monday, April 03, 2006

Week 11 (April 3 - April 11) - Peer Review

From reading your previous posts, I see that several of you have a hard time doing "research". Every time you "google" on the Internet to find something you are looking for, you are doing "research". http://www.tbchad.com/resrch.html

You can write a paper on "How to write a research paper" or "Why students in a TCOM course should NOT write a research paper", or "How a Bibliography is not important". You can write a research paper on anything you want...It just has to have a purpose, statistics to back up your "case" and a recommendation/solution. You could mail out a survey to all your friends or co-workers on a specific subject and use the information that you gathered to write up a paper.

How can I help all of you? I do not want you to get behind so we will slow up on some of the other assignments. Give me some feedback on "where you are at"...I would really like to make sure that all of you do an "instructional steps" assignment and I was hoping to cover some report writing and online help assignments also. What would all of you like to learn and complete the rest of this semester?

3 Comments:

At April 03, 2006 11:33 AM, Blogger Teri Hirlinger said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At April 07, 2006 2:37 PM, Blogger Teri Hirlinger said...

Please make sure that all of you fill out the online course evaluation survey at: The survey is anonymous and is given to us (the instructors) after final grades have been turned in so you do not have to worry about how your comments might affect your grade. You would be doing me a big service by letting me know your likes and dislikes so that I could better prepare and have a better course for the next semester.

 
At April 14, 2006 2:16 PM, Blogger Teri Hirlinger said...

Olivia,

Everyone is to upload their 1st draft of the proposal to the discussion board. You will critique/peer review each others.


Michele,

The final draft of the paper is due week 14 (April 24-April 30). I will proceed to make sure that we can cover user manuals and instruction manuals.

Nina,

Yes, you were to post it to the discussion board besides sending to me...my fault. I didn't make it clear enough.

I want all three of you to critique each other's papers and put on the discussion board.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home